Sign in to follow this  

DirectInput!

This topic is 4662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Are you talking about a program YOU are writing or a program someone else wrote?

If you are writting the program maybe a little more information on the macro you want to write, and what you've done with directinput in the program.

If it's someone elses program written in directX, which program.

DirectInput has a funny skill that allows you to block other programs from reading the keyboard when the focus is on it. This makes it almost impossible to run a macro from another program. But perhaps knowing what program it is will help us understand the situation.

DirectInput reads its data directly from the HID level of things in the system, which makes it pretty much impossible to hand it your own data instead. You could either try and create some kind of USB 'impersonator' that would pretend to be a keyboard and could be programmed with your macro to play back specific keystrokes, or you could try and find out what the program does with the input once it has it from DirectInput and insert your data there.

Either way, I'd like you to tell us what context this is in. Someone could use this information to write cheat programs for something and I'm not sure we want to allow that kind of thing.

Hi! I'm testing a program written by a professor of mine and I have to insert the same input many and many times... it takes so long that would be nice to automate this operation. This program is a 3d simulation that accepts DirectX input with keyboard.

What about this USB 'impersonator'? Is there samething like that in the web?

Thanks.
EtaBeta

This topic is 4662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.