• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to draw GL_QUADS on a 3d surface?

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am trying to simulate corrosion. I see corrosion as a set of particles. The spreading of corrosion happens directly on the mesh. All work fine in 2d and hopely also in 3d. My problem is the drawing of particles in 3d. How can i draw particles on the surface of a mesh? I draw the particles as GL_QUADS. To explain my problem more: Imagine you got a 3d box mesh. If i draw a particle in the front there is no problem. But if i draw a particle at the right flank, you get this: ------------ | | | |pppp | | p | |pppp ------------ The particle cuts the right flank instead of lying on the right flank. I hope you understand my problem, because my english is not that good greets takis

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!