• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Anyone else had these probs with MDX?

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

December SDK Managed DirectX: Setting another valid render target means that a draw call fails 3 frames later. An index buffer in Default pool does not work (yes, I dispose and release it in OnLostDevice, which is called). Have to use the VertexBuffer(Type...) constructor where you pass in the type of a vertex where creating a vertex buffer with the number of bytes should do exactly the same thing. Software skinning sets vertices to infinity and 0, inputs are correct and proved by skinning in vertex shader. Still, I can't complain until I get an XP computer and the Feb (or April by then) SDK. [Edited by - DrGUI on March 25, 2005 9:43:42 AM]

Advertisement
I have had some similar problems locking vertex and index buffers - I must use the forms of lock that specify a type, the forms that specify a byte size alway fail regardless of pool and even when using the reference device. Could have to do with my environment, but feels like a bug. I seem to recall being unable to make a index buffer in the default pool -- I think I just use managed for everyting I can now.

Do you have the Feb SDK?
Yes, the index buffer works with managed pool.
I'll see if I can still find the broken support centre link that I reported months ago...oh, they want you to contact them by email now. If it hasn't been fixed in the Feb SDK I'll report it. Need XP computer!

Quote:
Original post by DrGUIDo you have the Feb SDK?

Yup. But I cannot say I have tested this stuff since the last upgrade. Typically when something does not work I find a way around or give up -- either way I promptly forget all about it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement