• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Desperate for tree textures

This topic is 4730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have had an astonishing lack of success hunting for tree textures online to be used in my 3D virtual world. What I need is so simple, it seems unfathomable to me that it doesn't exist (at least not for free). I just need a couple pictures of coniferous trees at moderately high resolution (512 x 512 or so) on monocolor backgrouds. How can they be this hard to find? Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement
Doesn't surprise me, good images of entire trees (without background, or with alpha mask) are very hard to find. You can buy them (Here, or here), but they're quite expensive (they have a few free sampes, though). The reason for the price, as well as for the lack of good free ones, is the fact that they're very time intensive to create.

You can try to make them yourself, here is some info you might find useful.

Besides photographic trees, are synthetic tree images an option for you ? If so, then check out this.

Use the free treemagik program, and capture the screen with a completed tree, and then manually set the alpha on the black portion.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement