• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
twkr

what is a TCR list?

This topic is 4902 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i was watching a GDC video on this (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/09/news_6120142.html) website and the speaker said stuff about a TCR list getting bigger. so i was wondering what a TCR list is.

Advertisement
no idea what it stands for but to develop for consoles you need to meet the TCR requirements for that platform. For the PS2 it's stuff like: "user has to be able to cancel movies", "the X button has to be the button to do certain things in the GUI", etc. basically large sets of rules so that all games on a given platform have consistency that you as a user probably don't consciously notice, but which make many of the game controls feel "intuitive" when you pick up a new title. They also serve to provide a "good user experiencee" (like XBOX requires that there is never a screen displayed in which nothing is moving, this way you never wonder if the XBOX has crashed)...

-me

TCR is "technical certification requirements", its a list that console manufacturers use to check out games before they allow you to publish them.

Alan

it's a 'must have' to be able to publish a game on consoles. Requirements from the console manufacturer. If you fail TCR (TRC, ect...), then you must fix the bugs, and re-submit, with added costs. THe game can be as shit as you like (almost), as long as TRC certificates are all green, you can publish the game.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!