• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Port question

This topic is 4817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm behind a wireless router which in turn is behind another router which in turn is behind the cable modem. Is there a port that I can launch my GamerServer on that will be able to get through all of this?? I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I can run bittorrent... if I use the same port as bittorrent uses should I beable to have people connect to me?? I would simply go and change the port fowarding stuff on my routers, but they aren't mine.... Any help here?

Advertisement
You'll either need to use an external introducer (and there's still now guarantees even with one) or preferably port forwarding.
I see no other way around it.

I found some NetGear info on port forwarding... ok its pretty useless unless you have some NetGear hardware... but it does have lists of ports that are used by many games, which could be of some (unrelated) interest.

just do a quick google search :)

Hi,

I posted this link here for graveyard filla over a week ago. It may come of use.

[EDIT:] The above does consist of changing router settings. If you do decide to go ahead and do it, the above link is a good one. I didn't read the post properly :)

GCS584

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!