• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Flint rock spark

This topic is 4726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to nail down the particle properties for a flint rock styled spark. You remember those old 1950's tin toys that spark when you wind them up?? I am trying to nail that type of motion... I know there is some amount of streaking but mostly it is high random velocities, extremely short life span, high brightness But I can't seem to get it right.. I am currently running a multiple particle render in pixel space (2d) So... I have a ParticleA with VelX, and VelY my current technique is to Render ParticleA then for a random streak length say 0-15 render 15 more particles //Position for a streak of ParticleA double dX = m_ParticlesA.dX + ((m_ParticlesA.dVelocityX/8)*j); double dY = m_ParticlesA.dY + ((m_ParticlesA.dVelocityY/8)*j);

Advertisement
This definetly does not pertain directly to DX. It probably should be in the Math & Physics or the Graphics forum [smile] - I'm sure you would get more answers there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement