• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
silverphyre673

Made a utility for using color/positioning text/formatting input in console

This topic is 4902 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yeah... for those of you (and I know there is a lot of you) who want to be able to use color, position the cursor, or get user input without displaying what the user typed (or overwrite it with '*' like a password), and are using Windows (for now), I made this file. You can get it from the coding download section of my site at home.comcast.net/~silverphyre673/index.html Please let me know what you think. You can use it for anything you like, and, as the tutorial says, it is only version 0.5 (write and read functions need a bit of work). Please read the tutorial before asking questions, but ANY improvements will be really welcome. Thanks for trying it out - let me know what you think!

Advertisement
Hey man, thats pretty cool. I'll play around with it a little bit when I get some time and I'll send you the results. Keep up the good work!

-DavidR-

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!