unresolved externals (MSVC6)

Started by
3 comments, last by aboeing 19 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I'm having a strange error with MSVC6 and libjpeg. I keep getting 'unresolved external' function errors during the linking stage. These messages go away if I place the source code all in the same directory. Why is this occuring? Is there some kind of switch/option I am missing? (I've never had this happen before -- it appears to happen exclusively with libjpeg. If I try and copy the example code into a new directory and recompile I get link errors, move the file back into the original directory and everything works fine...) Thanks.
Advertisement
Have you set up your source / library / include directories correctly?
Well I presume so, otherwise MSVC would complain that it could not find libjpeg (library), or headers (include). And if I 'click' on the files it takes me to the right source code,..

Is there anything else that I can do to check this?
you may have the path to the library set up correctly, but it sounds like you're not trying to link to the jpeg library. Have a look at project properties->linker->command line. You should see libjpeg.lib in there. If it's not you'll need to link to it explicitly - in the linker->input tab, type the library name.

Thanks for the suggestion, I checked that and it all seems to be OK.
Any further ideas?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement