• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kevlur

Too much versions of directx .X format!!

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, its a lot of time that i try to find out the best XFileParser/BuildingHierarchy routine for my C++/D3D9 editor, and by now i can load somekind of .X files with skinned mesh, texture and animation. For example i can load and visualize correctly the Tiny.x girl coming with the DXSDK, with texture and animation, but i cant load anything exported from Maya 6.0, only geometry, without material and without animation. So my Question is: Why can i load correctly the Tiny.x kind of .X format,and why i cant load anything exported from Maya 6.0? I use exporter for Maya 6.0 coming with DXSDK 9.0 Update December 2004, and either if in the exporter menu i set all the option fopr material and animation on true, the object will be exported withoput material and without animation. Please help me :-) Kev

Advertisement
For my editor i need that my 3d models are stored in file .X which are made like tiny.X example(same template, same that comes with every version of DXSDK, how can i be sure that when i export a model from Maya or from 3DS Max or from any other 3D program, i obtain a file .X which have the same templates and same format like tiny.x ?

Thank you

isn t tiny.x a text XFile?

There is a binary and a text mode for x files and i am pretty sure that you can choose which one to use in the ms plugins

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!