• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Drakilor

DirectDraw tutorial ex program

This topic is 4818 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Isn´t there any example program with the DirectDraw tutorial? I don´t get it really and don´t want to spend too much time on it just to figure out it maybe won´t work on my compiler. And another question: Where is the examples that followed (should, according to a number of people) with DirectX 9.0c SDK? I can´t find them.

Advertisement
[EDIT - misunderstood your question ]

The examples
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article608.asp

The article is old, so if you cant get ian example to compile, ask again here. Geting a DX SDK project to compile for the first time can be a tedious pain in the ass.

The examples are not in the SDK anymore because directdraw is not supported in DX9. However, you can still use it because you can program against any old version of DirectX when you get the SDK. If you searhc the DXSDK directory for ddraw.h, it should be there.

I thought about asking where the directory is, but i searched for ddraw.h first and discovered that all the things are in the windows/temp folder. How does that come?

When you downloaded the SDK, I'm assuming you ran the extractor, but did the actual SDK installer appear after the extraction finished?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!