• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DayZero

Technique used in race-games like Pole Position?

This topic is 4964 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone know how to do or suggestions on how to go about when constructing the road and the turns etc. for simple race-games like the mentioned? [Edited by - DayZero on March 17, 2005 6:44:39 AM]

Advertisement
Isn't there someone who knows atleast something about how to design these types of racecar-games.

Any sort of Help is wanted! Thanx!

Thanks man! Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand exact what you mean by
Quote:
..create a cross-section of the track and extrude it along a spline..

A cross-section in my case looked like a 'u' (two sides and the bottom). A spline is just some sort of curved line through space. If you make sure the line ends where it starts you get a close line. Extrude the 'u' along that line to create the track.

That cleared some things up! I will try to do something like that.

Thanks again and for the fast reply!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!