• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SOS

Creating texture coordinates

This topic is 4901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a small problem. I have a bunch of stuff that I should get the texture coordinates for a point from... but I have no idea how. (I am trying to calculate the texture coordinates for a Quake map face's vertex) This is what I know: the plane of the point, the x and y offset of the texture, the angle of rotation for the texture, the x and y scaling of the texture and of course the coordiantes of the point itself. I saw some example code using some texture matrix, but I have no idea how to turn that into a 2-element vector - the point has 3 elements, so I can't directly apply the matrix... How should I do this? Also, if you have any information or links about Quake(2) map loading (especially .map, not .bsp), I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement
I haven't worked with Q1/2 .bsp format, so I can't answer your question, but...I recall seeing some tutorials on the subject on flipcode.com (maybe you've already seen these). Specifically, I remember a discussion of calculating the texture coordinates. I don't know if it's still there or not - the site has been reorganized fairly recently. But you might check into it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!