• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SharkBait

Compile Bug on use of void?

This topic is 4989 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I think I've found a compiler bug: When writing AngelScript functions, I have a tendency to explicitly specify that a function takes no arguments by using the "void" keyword, as in: bool InitialiseArcadeAtomSequences(void) { .... } This causes the compiler to crash with an access violation on address 0x00000008. It took me a while to figure out the problem since the AS compiler doesn't complain about the use of "void" in this manner.. it simply bombs out! Removing the "void" solves the problem. I don't know if such use of "void" is acceptable AS syntax or otherwise, but whatever the case I think the compiler doesn't seem to handle it. Hope the above helps, if I can help out with further info please let me know. Regards,

Advertisement
I'll verify this a.s.a.p.

The specification doesn't support void as parameter, and the compiler should give an error message. It definitely shouldn't crash, so I'm pretty sure it really is a bug.

Thanks for reporting it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!