• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

ATI with glGenBuffersARB !!!!!

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello all i have nvidia card (mx440 ), this function works well with my card but with ati 9200 it suddenly creates send dont send (OS : XP), here is the function.. unsigned int uiVertices = 0 ; glGenBuffersARB( 1, &uiVertices ); is this a driver problem ? but my friend had the latest driver ... thank you..

Advertisement
i have ati 9600se - that call works fine with mine - I use exactly the same code as you to do it.

cheers

i have ati 9600se - that call works fine with mine - I use exactly the same code as you to do it.

cheers

hmmm get angry when these kinds of things happen ! hard to find the problem sometimes .. :/

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi,

ya i'm in a similar situation, when i run glGenTextures(3,textureName) the program crashes, gives some memory violation. However this works on an nvidia card.

I'm running this on an X700, any ideas?

"glGenTextures(3,textureName)"

How is 'textureName' declared? Using it like this, it needs to be an array of at least 3 elements (unsigned int I believe, but don't quote me on that). If textureName isn't a pointer, that would crash the program easily.

yea i think , but have to check the error code for this:
g_hrc = wglCreateContext(g_hdc);
wglMakeCurrent(g_hdc,g_hrc);

Guest Anonymous Poster
Does the driver have ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension?

If not, your app will crash.

Does wglGetProcAddress("glGenBuffersARB") return non NULL?

If not, your app will crash.

If the GL version is 1.5, you should be able to use glGenBuffers (note the missing "ARB" in the name) as ARB_vertex_buffer_object was rolled into the core.

The other thing to check is make sure your visual is a accelerated one and not using the Microsoft renderer (the wglGetProcAddress being non NULL should be consistant with using the ATI driver however).

yea it supports ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension

and i also try the glGenBuffers (without arb) still didnt work!!

i couldnt get the last thing you said ?? could you explain it more ?

and the program shows about 2 seconds then after the last swapbuffers(hdc) it exits !!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement