• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

trouble loading image

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been loading and displaying an 8bit background image. I've had no problems before, but i've edited it with photoshop 5.0 (which i've used in the past with no problems) but now the image no longer displays. The program is not crashing, i just get a black screen. As far as i can tell, it's still in a 8bit format, and i've tried just adding a simple line of one color, but anytime i save the file with photoshop it won't load. I can however open it with MS Paint and do the same thing to it, save and it loads and display like normal. If you have any ideas or a good site with file format listing, please let me know.

Advertisement
Well, i found a typical solution....Reinstalled the program, works fine;)

Quote:
Original post by mayer
I've been loading and displaying an 8bit background image. I've had no problems before, but i've edited it with photoshop 5.0 (which i've used in the past with no problems) but now the image no longer displays. The program is not crashing, i just get a black screen. As far as i can tell, it's still in a 8bit format, and i've tried just adding a simple line of one color, but anytime i save the file with photoshop it won't load.
I can however open it with MS Paint and do the same thing to it, save and it loads and display like normal. If you have any ideas or a good site with file format listing, please let me know.

Check that you are still using RGB mode for the image and not an indexed color mode. You can do this by going to Image->Mode->RGB.

not sure if that'll fix it tho

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement