directX and DevCpp - Pls help :(

Started by
3 comments, last by Drakilor 19 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone... im completely new to directX..im trying real hard to make directX work with devCpp...(i know i should be using visual studio... but i dont have access to that :( ) i read all the other posts on this topic..but i still couldnt get it working.. I have included ddraw.h...i also have the directX9 devpak (from g-productions) installed. but i keep getting a linker error : undefined reference to DirectDrawCreateEx@16. Please help me get this working...Thanks in advance everyone.
Advertisement
You probably need to include a reference to the appropriate libraries to the linker for the project.

The place were these should go is under project->project options then under the parameters tab there is a text box for liker option. I don't know the library names you'll require but, hopefully, they'll be in some documentation on the web OR some nice person here will provide them to you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but hopefully I've pointed you in the right direction.

EDIT: there you go. If it doesn't work then pre-fix the library name with a -I

[Edited by - garyfletcher on March 16, 2005 1:41:56 AM]
Gary.Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.
Try linking to dxguid.lib
HI GUYS!!!!!!
Thank you sooo much...ive been trying to get it working for a loong time now...... I really REALLY appreciate your help garyfletcher.....and thanks Brocketino.. i had to include dxguid.lib to make it work!!!
The answer is very easy: Go to the dev-c++ homepage and search for a package. There should be one with files and instruction on how to get it work. Wery easy too. But i think you need DirectX SDK to make more things work, but if you get the package it will work at all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement