• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Character Custimization problems

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Me and a couple of my friends are thinking about starting a mmog. I am doing the art and 3d graphics/animation. We're wanting to give the player lost of custimizaion options. I want when the game starts the player be able to creat a player and choos features like different faces, skin color, hair cut, weight hiegth, clothes, and other such stuff. The problem that i need to adress is how would i allow this player to do all these modifications and use a set of animations? The problem is would i have to create a character for each of the possible thousands of combinations and animate each one seperately or how would i do it?

Advertisement
You would have to model each customizable element separately, and attach them to your character model's bones for animation purposes.

So i could use one already animated skeleton then after the player chose all the options he/she wanted, i would have the program just add thes pieces together?

Im also stuck with the programming and the engine im using is the Neo Engine and i was wondering if this was a hard thing to program or not? Do you know of any tutorials that deal with this subject?

Quote:
Original post by NoOsEnCe
Im also stuck with the programming and the engine im using is the Neo Engine and i was wondering if this was a hard thing to program or not? Do you know of any tutorials that deal with this subject?

Never heard of it so I don't have the faintest clue.
Some other people in the forum might have - be patient.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!