"Speed Rating" - not allowed?

Started by
1 comment, last by jollyjeffers 19 years, 1 month ago
hiya, I'm guessing this is a feature rather than a bug, but just wanted to check [smile]. Reading through "Today I learned a very valuable lesson" in the lounge made me laugh... so I "open in new tab" a whole load of peoples "Rate this user" thing. So I could rate people without having to lose my place in said topic (I'm not using the FFox ext. at work). Must've rated 4-5 people in the space of a few seconds (select tab -> rate up -> submit -> ok -> close tab), but when I refreshed the original page it hadn't registered any of the ratings. If I clicked to rate them again its as if I'd never rated them. Is this just a feature to stop some spambot (or whatever) rating people too quickly? everything worked when I stopped trying to be clever and did it normally/properly. Cheers, Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
Reading through "Today I learned a very valuable lesson" in the lounge made me laugh... so I "open in new tab" a whole load of peoples "Rate this user" thing. So I could rate people without having to lose my place in said topic
Doesn't that seem like a poor reason to rate people up to you?
Quote:Original post by Brandon N
Doesn't that seem like a poor reason to rate people up to you?

Seemed like a good enough reason to me - I appreciated their contribution to the lounge, and the fact that it brightened up the start of my day. ++rating to them.

I seem to remember that Boolean said he got a lot of his astronomical rating by amusing people via the comic rather than his technical expertise:
Quote:Boolean's post here
Take me for example. I have received (aprox) 60% of my ratings for the comic. Another 30% of these are from creating stickies, interviews, helping the mods with the forums bla bla bla, and another 10% from the humour portal. Now, although the first 60% could be attributed to popularity (since although the comic was related to GDnet, it doesn’t really help anyone), the other 40% is neither from being popular OR technical, but instead from helping the Gdnet site out

If it's any consolation, most of the people I've rated have been people who answered questions in the DirectX forum. Any thread that I've read where someones given a sound, decent, answer to a problem is worth ++rating.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement