• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SuperLover

user clip plane

This topic is 4817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I wanna use 3 clip planes to divide the view frusum into 4 parts. then render each of the 4 parts into a specific texture, how can I do that? any suggestion will be appreciated very much!

Advertisement
It is not clear. Three planes could divide the frustum in different ways. Maybe you are talking on dividing the client area of the window... in this case, you could use viewports.
Give us more details.

Hi, thanks.
these planes parallel to view plane, and then render each of them to a texutre from the light's position. how can I do that?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
these planes parallel to view plane, and then render each of them to a texutre from the light's position.

These planes divide the frustum in different z values, right? What you meant on "from the light's position"? It is hard to understand what exactly you want to do.

Yes, these planes divide the frustum in different z values, and then I wanna render each of these partitioned part into a texture. and such kind of rendering into texture isn't from the viewpoint, but another position.
u should know "Shadow Mapping", first we render the scene into a texture from the light's position in this technique. that's same as what I wanna do.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!