• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Problems exporting and setting up skeleton/bones from 3ds Max

This topic is 4722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am exporting animation and skeleton data from 3ds max using the IGame interface(with the OGL flag set to generate data for OpenGL). The problem that I don´t get the correct position/orientation for my bones. This it the part form my exporter that exports the bone´s data: for(itr = 0; itr < mBones.size(); itr++) { NANIM::cBone *newBone = new NANIM::cBone; if(mBones[itr]->name.length()) { newBone ->setBoneName(mBones[itr]->name); } else { newBone ->setBoneName("NONAME"); } newBone ->setBoneHandle(mBones[itr]->id); newBone ->setParentIndex(mBones[itr]->parent); NMATH::cQuaternion quat = GMatrixToQuat(mBones[itr]->localTM); NMATH::cVector3 pos(mBones[itr]->localTM.GetRow(3)[0], mBones[itr]->localTM.GetRow(3)[1], mBones[itr]->localTM.GetRow(3)[2]); newBone ->setPosition(pos); newBone ->setOrientation(quat); // Add new bone mSkeleton->createBone(newBone ); } When the skeleton and it´s bones are loaded into the engine, i do the following to calculate the absoulte and the relative matrix: // Go through all bones.. for(itr = 0; itr < mBones.size(); itr++) { std::map<int, cBone*>::iterator found = mBones.find(itr); NANIM::cBone &b = *found->second; if(found != mBones.end()) { found->second->preprocessBone(); if(found->second->getParentIndex() != -1) { std::map<int, cBone*>::iterator parent = mBones.find(found->second->getParentIndex()); found->second->setAbsoluteMatrix(parent->second-> getAbsoluteMatrix()); // Post-multiply this bones absolute matrix with parent´s relative matrix NMATH::cMatrix4x4 &m2 = found->second->getAbsoluteMatrix(); m2.postMultiply(*found->second->getRelativeMatrix()); found->second->setAbsoluteMatrix(m2); } else { found->second->setAbsoluteMatrix(*found->second-> getRelativeMatrix()); } } Finally, when I render the model, I transform the current vertice by it´s bone´s final matrix. If am not animating the bone, the final matrix would an indentity matrix, and nothing would happen. The result I get is that the mesh gets completely destroyed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! /Fidde

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement