• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Coder

Can all of you clear this 2 languages for me with as much detail as possible?

This topic is 4996 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I think this is the best place for this since this is a forum about GameDev so you guys that know this stuff about this languages can help me cause some of you actually use em. First why do ppl say C# is the language of the future? And the main course: What are the cons and pros of C++ and C#(as detailed as you can answer) And why should someone use one instead of the other?

Advertisement
looks like we really need some [flamebait][/flamebait] tags.

Search the forums this has been fought about loads of times

This type of thread usually degenerates into an argument over which language is better, so be careful not to steer it in that direction.

For some pretty decent information on each language, see the following:
C++ | C# @ Wikipedia.

Which you use is mostly up to personal preference, unless you happen to know both to enough of a degree to pick which is better suited for a specific task.

Flame wars are for imature ppl(GameDevelopers should be mature) thats why i posted in here...

I just wanted toclear it up cause if you go to another forum about more specific stuff lets say C# well theyl tell me its GOD it can do everything C++ can and what you do in C++ and takes a week you can do it in C# in a day,blah,blah,blah...

So if anyone is experinced in both of them you could at least post some info here

or email me at underworldcoder@yahoo.com if you dont want to start a flamewar with imature ppl.

Why can't you look up one of the hundreds of such thread on groups.google.com or this forum or any other game development forum? Better yet, just pick a language, get your game finished, and quit stalling.

In spite of us being more mature than most forums, nearly everyone here is biased towards thier personal favorite language. Check the Wikipedia links, they're quite informative articles. dmikesell's response is generally correct however - nearly any language will do, and as an added bonus, after the first one it becomes significantly easier to learn additional languages easily.

Good luck finding some more information though if that's what you want, I'm sure someone will be willing to provide something.

Guest Anonymous Poster
In as much detail as possible for my College homework assignment :) /sigh

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!