• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Problems with VC++ .NET 2003 Debugger

This topic is 4729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some reason my debugger no longer works. This problem appeared after installing VC++ .NET 2003 on my computer at work which is running XP SP2. I've tried re-installing the program two times so far as well as a try to repair the program for good measure. I've attempted registering dlls and turning of mdm.exe and restarting it. Nothing has worked at all. The only message that I get from time tto time is... "An initial stopping location was not found in the program. To stop during execution of the program, first set a breakpoint, and then run the program." I have several breakpoints in my WinMain function that it is ignoring. I have debug information being generated in my project's settings... I believe its /Zi (Program database). Please someone let me know if there is anything I'm missing here. This is driving me absolutely insane. One thing that I do find suspicious is that I can't see any symbol information when I hit F5..but nothing jumps out at me as being wrong with my project settings, since it works fine on my other machine, and I have not altered the project settings... I'm at my wits end...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you sure you are building a debug version?

Ooops, wasnt logged on. <Ahem>

Usually you will get that debugger message if you are trying to debug a release image. I used to use Vis studio 6 and believe me it took me a while to figure a lot of things about 2003.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Are you sure you are building a debug version?

The project file had not been changed so yes, I'm sure that all the settings are correct for the debug version because debugging worked, and still does work fine on my other computer.

I just got off the phone with microsoft, too bad I don't have $245.00 for their support =) Thanks for the quick response though.

moe.ron

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement