• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SP2 & DirectInput

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm getting a good old style Link Error... but no idea how to eliviate it. I read it might have something to do with SP2, and rather than roll it back I thought I check to see if anyone else has had it/knows what to do. Linking... dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module Error executing link.exe.

Advertisement
Try doing a "Clean" then "Rebuild". I assume you are using Visual C++. I think I got that once, but doing the clean then rebuild fixed it. I was also running XP SP2. I think I got that with VC6...

I think the problem is just unfixible with VS6. I tried updating with SP6, and it worked the first time, but it did not work correctly after that. I see now that it compiles under release mode, but not debug. I was able to get it to work with debug mode - but only by removing the setting to generate debug info. However, I have the Feb 2005 SDK installed, so it may work for you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!