• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SP2 & DirectInput

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm getting a good old style Link Error... but no idea how to eliviate it. I read it might have something to do with SP2, and rather than roll it back I thought I check to see if anyone else has had it/knows what to do. Linking... dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module Error executing link.exe.

Advertisement
Try doing a "Clean" then "Rebuild". I assume you are using Visual C++. I think I got that once, but doing the clean then rebuild fixed it. I was also running XP SP2. I think I got that with VC6...

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work.

Sounds like I have a corrupt lib file, tried updating them from the SDK; to no avail.

I think the problem is just unfixible with VS6. I tried updating with SP6, and it worked the first time, but it did not work correctly after that. I see now that it compiles under release mode, but not debug. I was able to get it to work with debug mode - but only by removing the setting to generate debug info. However, I have the Feb 2005 SDK installed, so it may work for you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement