Questions with starting project...

Started by
2 comments, last by JSClark 19 years, 1 month ago
Hi. I am relatively new to the game development scene, but I am most willing to dive right in and begin to get stuff underway with my development project. I am currently building a website, complete with the open source I plan to put on there. Problem is, I'm running into blocks on how to present what I intend to do. Currently, I have plans with starting small, then working my way up. I plan to use this webspace as a distribution site for my betas, as well as the source code that I work with, both on my projects as well as others I help out with. Cna someone pitch a few ideas as to what I should put on my opening page? I already have a banner and some function buttons in the works. I'm just lacking the text to back everything up. Oh yes, this webspace will not be on angelfire. Thanks.
-Jason Clark
Advertisement
Put a description of what your project is about and how you will do it. That should get people interested.
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
Well, simply put, if you don't have any content, then you don't need a website (at this time). What do expect people to do? They won't be excited about a project with nothing to it yet, will they? I would suggest you actually start working on the game itself, and when and if you have something to show for it in 6-12 months, THEN make a website for it. Then you'll have something to show off and get attention.
Well, as advised before on this forum, I will be starting off slowly, and working my way up to big things. Its gonna be a website based on game development, but with open source in mind. I would also like to have contributions from other developers (that is, if I can attract a crowd), and hopefully the site will grow from there. It will basically be a distribution of my works, as well as others, a showcase if you will, and also an information source for source code, header files, and whatever else that will be going into my games.
-Jason Clark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement