[.net] please help about MSDN problem..! :(

Started by
11 comments, last by thona 19 years ago
I just installed the latest 2005 express editions of visual C#, visual J# etc.. and I installed Microsoft MSDN Express Library 2005 Beta.. now here is the problem. When I try to use help (dynamic help, how do I, index etc..) first the page does not open with an error "action cancelled" and then when I try different topics or refresh the page I get an error "The page cannot be displayed"... I tried everything to fix this... o Tried to repair the installation o Tried to uninstall and the install again o Checked my browser options o Scanned my PC for viruses o Scanned my PC for spywares o Scanned my PC for ad-awares o Checked the "options" & "customize" menus o Searched many forums about this issue but found notthing or inadequate info ..but still it doesn't work. I asked my friends if they have any problems but eveything was right. I asked about some of their configirations, everthing is the same... I'm going mad... please help me to solve this problem
Advertisement
Try redownloading and reinstalling the MSDN library, or run the MSDNIXP.EXE file located in the WCU\MSDNExpress folder in your installation source directory.
Michael Russell / QA Manager, Ritual EntertainmentI used to play SimCity on a 1:1 scale.
Thanx at all but I tried redownloading MSDN 2 times and also get it from my friends (at which MSDN works right) 2 times again but it doesnt work.
As ur suggestion I tried to run msdnexp bu it just say "preparing to install" but then nothing...
Do you also have either Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 or Visual Studio 2005 Beta installed?

I know that previous betas of the Express products had "issues" installing side-by-side with Visual Studio.
Michael Russell / QA Manager, Ritual EntertainmentI used to play SimCity on a 1:1 scale.
I had uninstalled all of the components of Visual Studio .NET and Framework 1.1 as well
And then installed .NET Framework 2.0, Visual C# 2005 express, Visual Web Developer 2005 express...
C# and Web Developer work well with no problems. I have problem with only MSDN...
Resintall your computer. Or better. the csecondary partition you installed V.NET 2005 on (and for which you have a backup image from the moment before).

You don't?

Take it as a lesson not to install software on an important system that tells you not to install it on an important system.

I run VS.NET 2005 from a second boot partition and have a GHOSTed image from the moment right before installing it. Same for all developers here that already use VS.NET 2005 in a production environment (we already port our code) - or they work from a virtual system.
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
You have moved your mouse, you need to restart windows for the changes to affect, proceed?
--- o,,,(o o) 8(o o)(_)Ooo ----ooO--(_)---Ooo--
You have moved your mouse, you need to restart windows for the changes to affect, proceed?
--- o,,,(o o) 8(o o)(_)Ooo ----ooO--(_)---Ooo--
sorry but what do you meant by "you haved move your mouse,..".. kN1gH7 ?
Quote:Original post by thona
Take it as a lesson not to install software on an important system that tells you not to install it on an important system.

Huh?

Quote:Same for all developers here that already use VS.NET 2005 in a production environment (we already port our code) - or they work from a virtual system.

Speak for yourself. Most .NET developers are developing solely for Windows - possibly Linux (though there are still many unsupported features in Mono).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement