• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[java] Yet another fullscreen annoyance...

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I had a problem today. When writing my game (it works both in fullscreen and in windowed mode), I noticed that fullscreen left some unwanted images lying around on my screen. Damn I thought, as they were supposed to be gone. The specific problem was using fillRect. I used fillRect to "repaint" the background of my screen because of some images there, that were supposed to get lost. However, in fullscreen, they didnt. They got "transluced" so to speak, as if a 50% opaque black rectangle was lying over them ;) Now, I could solve it by calling multiple fillRects, however not on the same loop cycle. Aha. PageFlipping. Hrmpf. Turns out I need to use fillRect X times (X buffers), to clear the screen. Now aint that a bitch. Yet another annoyance in my long queue of fullscreen vs. window mode problems :( Ok ok, so there is some logic to the problem I faced. AND it is easily solvable.. But its so damn annoying. I don't want to be annoyed, I want to be racing forward with giant leaps of progress each day! Anyways, if anyone encounters this problem in the future, at least you'll know how to solve it at once, so you wont have to waste time like I did.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!