• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Onederldl

C++ Text output formatting questions

This topic is 4989 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys I'm printing a series of linked lists to the screen, these lists are filled with a large amount of random integers. I want to format the output so that if the output line wraps around to a new line, that new line will start with a tab. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a huge help!! Thanks a bunch -Mike

Advertisement
hmm,

This could turn out quite tricky as im not aware of any windows/dos equivelent to the curses library in linux.

My suggestion would be to simply do the formatting urself, ie dont let the linewrap problem appear.

Although i have searched briefly and not turned up anthing, it would be worth hunting on google for something along the lines of "curses for windows".

Sorry i can't be any more help.

ace

Damn your quick!!

Thanks for the reply.... I have absolutely no knowledge of that thing you guys call linux, so this may turn out to be a learning experience for me! Thanks again for giving me somewhere to start!!!

-Mike

Linux is an operating system, and won't solve your problem. There is a library in Linux known as curses, and it deals with interacting with the text console, and is a delightfuly wonderful thing that nobody seems to have ported to Windows, and as such isn't availible to you.

In Windows you might be able to use conio or (eek!) this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!