[web] What was the topic of your first website?

Started by
12 comments, last by Sander 19 years, 1 month ago
I have all ready created a few websites, but I don't know what topic I want on there. Things like a gaming site, tutorials, reviews, or even cooking would be good to have a site on, but I have as much knowledge as anyone else on these things. Any topic ideas? I was also going to put google adsense on it. So,what did you make your first site on? Thanks for any input :)
Advertisement
My problem is that I have never actually "finished" a web site - I've done months of developing, designing, etc.. but once that part is done I have no content. By that time, I'm usually bored with the design or find some way to make the backend better, and completely reconstruct everything. It is the woe of a perfectionist.
I started webdev when i was 7, so these will be stupid...

My Dragon Ball Z AND PokeMon Universe!!!

It was a long time ago, but i wrote it in html, as my brother taught me html when i was that young, but it shows you that anyone can learn html.
This was my very first website.

*Memmmories...
Quote:Original post by Invader X

*Memmmories...

You emedded music. MONSTER!
Quote:Original post by load_bitmap_file
Quote:Original post by Invader X

*Memmmories...

You emedded music. MONSTER!

When I was young I had an idea to make an "online party" website. It consisted of a chat room and "jukebox", which would play midi files I flogged from somewhere. I wish a knew about scripting then, I had an html file to play each one of the 50 or so songs!

If you want ideas for your sight, how about a cooking wiki or something? get other people to write the content.
Quote:Original post by flukus
If you want ideas for your sight, how about a cooking wiki or something? get other people to write the content.

What do you mean by this?

@Fuzztrek,
I do the same thing...so I need to find something to actually put up this time :D
Why, it was "Hello World" of course... [grin]

My first proper website (if it could be called that) was for a school project, and I believe was about a fictional zoo.

- Jason Astle-Adams

My first was a star wars fan page, perhaps eight or so years ago.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
My first site was a selection of stereo pairs I'd drawn in MS Paint. It was hosted on Xoom, so it's not around any more. Thank goodness!
After that hard work I did this abomination of a website.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement