Halo Revisited

Started by
14 comments, last by Promit 19 years ago
I finally got Halo for my PC and I have two words: quite impressive. I haven't finished it yet, but I guess I'm almost getting to the end. Yes, some of the levels are repetitive (The Library, ugh!)... but it's quite a lot of fun overall. Also, the zombie-like creatures (results of the Flood I believe) are very annoying... especially the ones with rocket launchers. I just got to the crash site of the Pillar of Autumn. Going to keep playing for the next 6 hours or so... or till I get tired. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Advertisement
Everyone hates The Library. Funny story: The Silent Cartographer was originally a test level that worked its say into the game, and many people consider it to be one of the best levels. Halo's a great game over all, I just have some of the same peeves as you. Some redundant levels, irritating Flood zombies. I also really hate that crappy assault rifle. The SMG + battle rifle in Halo 2 are much cooler. The pistol in the original Halo is unusually good for a pistol. Halo was the only game where whenever I had to revert to the pistol I wasn't saying, "Oh no, now that I have nothing but this crummy pistol I'm going to get slaughtered!" I should get the full version of Halo for PC, then maybe you and I could play one of these days :)
That's almost depressing to think that Silent Cartographer almost didn't make it into the game. That's the only level I play anymore.

As for the pistol.. yes, it's powerful as hell. I've made it through a good number of the levels just trading off between the human and covenant pistols. Ammo is sparse, though.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
Woot! Beat the game. Still have a number of unanswered questions though...
1. Did we actually land on the ring? or on a planet? I'm guessing it's the ring, since that's what got destroyed, but still, that's incredible.
2. Who released the Flood?
3. Who created the monitor? Why wasn't I able to destroy it?
and the final most important question... when is Halo 2 going to be released for the PC?!

And no, I'm not going to replay Halo with the difficulty set to Legendary.

1) The Ring

2) Don't think it ever really specifies, but in any case, the result was the same.

3) The Forerunners

You'll learn more once you play Halo 2. [wink]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
In my oppinion, halo has the best gameplay, but the worst story/plot. Atleast in the second one. Me and many of my fellow gamers would have prefered a full out assault on Earth between the Covenant and Master Cheif.

The Covenant could have been trying to setup a multipart superweapon to detonate the earth's core. Bungie rushed the second one, that's all there is to it.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
I just started playing Halo 2 today, and so far I'm quite pleased with the story. I've read all your comments and rants about the story; I guess I'll get the chance to see for myself now.
The covenant released the flood in halo. Halo2 is evil! But in agood way eg Rockets and swords fun hehe, u on live yet?
-------------------------------------------"Oh no! It's a Parabola of Mystery!!" - RvB | Blog
My friend had Halo 2 before he sold it and that, dear chaps, was one of the worst games in the history of mankind. The gameplay sucked, there was no immersion and the baddies were really bad (and not in a good way) - for me the game was simply boring Sometimes I am just plain glad that my computer can't run these new games (anything that's released after 1999 - yes, I have a TNT2) or I could actually be tempted to pay money for them. Ugh.
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
It was different I'll grant you that. But I was a fan of the storyline in halo:ce. The gameplay got more dynamic and less scripted, halo and h2 are both great games, sorta like close cousins. Flamers suck!
-------------------------------------------"Oh no! It's a Parabola of Mystery!!" - RvB | Blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement