SDL MD2 Loader?

Started by
2 comments, last by Drew_Benton 19 years ago
hi i was wondering if anyone knew of any SDL OGL loader that doesnt use windows.h. cone3d seems to have one, but none of its code works, and the code is not downloadable. if anyone can help me out that would be great thanks.
Thanhda TieDigital Shock, Technical Director & Business Relations15-75 Bayly Street West, Suite #173Ajax, Ontario, L1S 7K7Tel: 416.875.1634http://www.digitalshock.net
Advertisement
Well there is a OpenGL MD2 Model Loader here. To get to it, click on Tutorials->OpenGL->Page 8. There are two there, one for loading and animating. However since they are in Win32, I made a quick port to SDL. Took 2 minutes [lol]. Here it is.

You can compare what I did to the original if you want to use the Animating Tutorial. If you have any questions on it feel free to ask - the MD2 code itself will work on anything - it's just the demo program that shows how to use it is for Win32. In my example, I just used that OpenGL SDL example from that last post [grin].

From all of your posts I see you are going for a cross platform FPS?

- Drew
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
Well there is a OpenGL MD2 Model Loader here. To get to it, click on Tutorials->OpenGL->Page 8. There are two there, one for loading and animating. However since they are in Win32, I made a quick port to SDL. Took 2 minutes [lol]. Here it is.

You can compare what I did to the original if you want to use the Animating Tutorial. If you have any questions on it feel free to ask - the MD2 code itself will work on anything - it's just the demo program that shows how to use it is for Win32. In my example, I just used that OpenGL SDL example from that last post [grin].

From all of your posts I see you are going for a cross platform FPS?

- Drew

haha thanks a lot for all the help. and yes i am trying to make a cross platform game. but not an fps, trying to make a 3rd person adventure, i just thought it would be easier by using md2 file format. BTW do you know of any good sdl bsp map importers?
Thanhda TieDigital Shock, Technical Director & Business Relations15-75 Bayly Street West, Suite #173Ajax, Ontario, L1S 7K7Tel: 416.875.1634http://www.digitalshock.net
Same site, OpenGL page 7 [grin] They have two tutorials on it. It in the same format as the MD2 , Win32 - you just need the files with it. The demo files only show you how to work it. You can add it to your own SDL project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement