multiple files not working in dev c++

Started by
7 comments, last by vbuser1338 19 years ago
I just reformated my computer and now I am goind to use Dev c++ 4.0 for my IDE. I just transfered my program from Microsoft Visual c++ 6.0. But It compiles fine. But I have in my main program I click on the screen then it does a call to a function in another file. The function prototype is in a header that is included but it never actually enters the function. It did when I ran it in MSVC but not in Dev c++. Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks vbuser
Advertisement
Did you make sure to include all of the files to the project workspace? Hold down CTRL then double click on the function and see if it goes into it as well.
Ya they are all there and it compiles fine. But now when I click the screen It exits saying error in RPG GAME.EXE. I don't know what could be causing the error though.
[edit] When do I hold down control and click on it. I have a message box to appear right when it enters but it never pops up. I don't know what the problem is.
Are you using Dev - 4.9.9.2? Oh and is this crashing problem with the IDE or your game?
No I am using the version 4 that is the beta 5 right? Should I be using that one instead?
Quote:Original post by vbuser1338
No I am using the version 4 that is the beta 5 right? Should I be using that one instead?

Well I would definitly give that a try. All I have heard is problems with the so called 'stable'. I've yet to have any problems with the beta. Hey you have nothing to lose [wink]. Uninstal 4, then install 4.9.9.2 and see if it works. If so, problem solved and you have a working project. If not, then it would have to be something with your code then. Going from VS6->Dev CPP is known to have some problems with certain things.
Ya people said not to use beta because of possible bugs. So I am downloading it now and seeing if it works. The code is the same so it should work in dev c++ its just not going to the other file. I'll see what happens when I use the beta version.
Thanks for the help
Now I got the beta version and when I compile it I get all these errors like

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__terminate'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `__terminate'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `__rtti_si'

I don't know why these are happening. Anyone know why this is happening when I try to compile?
Thanks for any help
I do not really like dev c++ in my opinion so I am going to get one of the free MS toolkits. Thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement