friend class problems

Started by
6 comments, last by garyfletcher 19 years ago
I have 2 classes "cApplication" and "cSystem". i want ALL the functions and members available of cSystem publically to cApplication. i tried putting "friend class cSystem" in cApplication, but it keep saying that when i use a function from the cSystem class in a cApplication variable, it says undeclared identifier...
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
This really belongs in For Beginners.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

ok? can anyone help?
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
class cSystem
{
friend class cApplication;
};

cSystem has to declare who it's friends are. In your case, cApplication is making cSystem it's friend which is wrong.
that doesn't work... it still says the same thing
Did you include the cSystem header in the cApplication header?

// main.cpp ---------------------------------------#include "app.h"#include "system.h"int main() {  system s;  app a;  a.getsys( s );}// system.h ---------------------------------------#pragma onceclass system {  friend class app;  int i;};// app.h ------------------------------------------#pragma once#include "system.h"class app {  public:    void getsys( system &s ) {      s.i;    }};
wow, that worked!! i didn't u had to do that, thanks
You could make cSystem the base class for cApplication or declare a type of cSystem class in cApplication.
Gary.Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement