Sign in to follow this  
MARS_999

Water/shoreline foam rendering?

I was wondering how games like Farcry and such render the foam look on the beaches or shoreline so it look like it is washing up onto the beach? I know they are using a texture of some sorts, but how are they determining where on the shoreline to render it? I thought maybe they were just tiling it, but after thinking about it that can't be due to it always runs perpendicular to the shoreline. I am using a VP/FP for water now and would like to add in these last few effects...

Quote:
Original post by Coluna
Try this
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=281637
When u got something, lets talk again...my system is not so perfect...see ya!

Thanks, I was affraid of that, I was going to have to determine collisions of water to shoreline...

Guest Anonymous Poster
Nope, you don't. Scale your land to a ver small height. Scale out along the x and z's. Then color it white and set it to 75% opacity. Bam. Froth.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Nope, you don't. Scale your land to a ver small height. Scale out along the x and z's. Then color it white and set it to 75% opacity. Bam. Froth.

Hmmm. not quite understanding what you are saying... I understand the scale the land to a small height, but the rest is blurry... :)