• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bah

Software rasterisers and their performance

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

THIS IS A REPOST FROM THE LOUNGE. Good morning, How many open source or commercial software rasterisers (or simply your own pet projects) do you know of and how do they perform? How many triangles and of what type (textured, lit, smooth shaded, etc) can they render per second? I'd like to compare them to my own rasteriser to see if there is room for improvement (i.e. researching new, more efficient algorithms for performing parts of the rendering pipeline). Thanks P.S. I assume that a software rasteriser renders geometric primitives to a buffer and then passes it on to the underlying 3D API (i.e. glDrawPixels()).

Advertisement
Pick one forum that is more appropriate rather than posting to all that you think are marginally related.

http://toggsthegame.free.fr//

download => goodies => Togs1. You can find my (good?) rasterizer. The source are in the game files.

Thanks Angel_ and Woodchuck for your input.

Oluseyi

1. This is perhaps the most appropriate forum for such a question.

2. After posting in the lounge forum I realised that this forum is more suitable. I DID NOT "post the message to all forums that I thought were marginally related to the subject" otherwise you would have seen this message in more than two.

Think before you post and lose the provocative tone.

Oluseyi

2. After posting in the lounge forum I realised that this forum is more suitable. I DID NOT "post the message to all forums that I thought were marginally related to the subject" otherwise you would have seen this message in more than two.

Oluseyi

Oluseyi

Oluseyi

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!