Sign in to follow this  
llafnwod

Begginer's Book? DirectX + C++

llafnwod    122
I plan to use C++ with DirectX 9 to make my game. I have enough proficiency in C++ so no tutorial for that is needed. I've been looking for a good beggining DirectX book, but all the one's I've found on Amazon have people calling them various synonyms of the Spawn of Satan. Any recommendations? Money is not an issue. I currently have: DirectX RPG Game Programming Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX Game Programing All in One Strategy Game Programming with DirectX 9.0

hothead    767
Quote:
Original post by llafnwod
I plan to use C++ with DirectX 9 to make my game. I have enough proficiency in C++ so no tutorial for that is needed. I've been looking for a good beggining DirectX book, but all the one's I've found on Amazon have people calling them various synonyms of the Spawn of Satan. Any recommendations? Money is not an issue. I currently have:

Quote:
DirectX RPG Game Programming

I liked this book; it gets my approval [smile].

Quote:
Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX

I've heard good things and bad things about this, mostly good.The only bad things that I've heard about it from someone that I know or have met is that it is a little daunting for a beginner.

Quote:
Game Programing All in One

I can't say much about this book, sorry.

Quote:
Strategy Game Programming with DirectX 9.0

I can't say much about this one either, sorry. :/