Win32 Help

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years ago
I'm opening an Open file dialog, and then grabbing the string. I want it so it points to the file from the current directory. Example: C:\Folder\file.txt If my program is in C:\, I want the string to be like this instead: .\Folder\file.txt (or similar) Is there a flag I can set or something to do this?
Advertisement
I wouldn't think there is, but if you really need it, you could write a routine to translate from absolute path to relative. Although, this begs the question: why does it matter? Most file-related routines function just fine with both absolute and relative paths, so the only reason I can think of is that you need to manipulate it somehow, correct? If you provide us with more information we can probably point you to a better solution.
Hrm, I believe I came up with a solution that would work, but this is assuming that the person always puts their tilesets in one folder. I could then strip the path, and then add the path to that tileset folder. Or taking it further, copy that tileset file over to the tileset folder.

P.S. Thanks for the help.
Use PathSkipRoot() and copy it to a string that already has ".\"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement