[.net] Moving from VS2k5 beta 1 to beta 2

Started by
7 comments, last by bgreen 19 years ago
Hi I've just moved my project from VS2k5 beta 1 to beta 2. I've got 2 warnings: Warning 2 'System.Windows.Forms.Form.AutoScaleBaseSize' is obsolete: 'This property has been deprecated. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202' C:\Ben\C#\OpenGL in .NET Control\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\Form1.Designer.cs 45 13 WindowsApplication1 Warning 3 'System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableRTLMirroring()' is obsolete: 'This method has been deprecated. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202' C:\Ben\C#\OpenGL in .NET Control\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\Program.cs 20 13 WindowsApplication1 What should I replace the code with? Cheers
Advertisement
Really quick here, I believe EnableRTLMirroring is removable without having to replace it with anything, although I forget where I read it. In any case, I removed it from my own app without problems.

You might be able to do the same with AutoScaleBaseSize.

Just disable the warning with #pragma. Deprecated means obsolete, not unsupported (at least not yet!). They did this with a lot of old string routines and such because apparently they were security hazards.
AP, this is a bad advice.

Some methods introduced with Beta1 have been changed since then, and they will NOT ship with the final release.

These have been marked as deprecated in Beta2, and you should really get rid of these warnings if you want that your application runs on .NET 2.0 final.

lincimp> I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what replaces what. You can try to create a new project with Beta2, and see which code is generated (since I think the method calls you mentioned were generated by the IDE).

Anyway, EnableRTLMirroring is here to support right-to-left languages, so as mutex suggested, just removing it probably won't hurt.
Hah I was searching around on CodeProject for answers to your question and found your post there too. Anyway, if it really bothers you, try checking the blogs of people related to .NET. That's where I remember seeing info on why EnableRTLMirroring was deprecated.

Where exactly did you get a copy of Beta 2 from? All downloads on MSDN and even MSDN Subscriber downloads have only the Feb CTP as the latest version to download.
If anyone is interested:
.NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2 Obsolete APIs

::All downloads on MSDN and even MSDN Subscriber downloads have only the Feb
::CTP as the latest version to download.

The March CTP was uploaded a long time ago - more than a week.
And it does identify itself as Beta 2 - it still is a CTP, but basically pretty short before the coming B2 release.

[edit]
Washu: you're annoying.

[Edited by - Washu on March 28, 2005 11:36:46 PM]
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
Quote:Original post by thona
...snip...
The March CTP was uploaded a long time ago - more than a week.

That's what I meant. Besides, CTP still != Beta 2.

[edit]
Actually, I just checked the MSDN Subscriber downloads and the latest Community Preview build of Visual Studio 2005 is for Feb.

[Edited by - bgreen on March 29, 2005 8:14:34 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement