Someone tell me what now please?

Started by
5 comments, last by hothead 19 years ago
Well i can do all sorts of console programs with c++.. But what i should learn next Win32 api or what?
Advertisement
can you make a flysim in the console with color?

though there is only win32 if you use windows!
If you're looking into doing some graphics but don't want to get into something too complicated, then SDL is the way to go. There are a couple of introductory tutorials on my website here. Some other people also have a bunch of tutorials online, just look around on the Alternative Game Libraries forum.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Use SDL, it's great.
Win32 isn't really hard, but SDL is really great, and it's cross-platform. Great if you don't want to stick with windows only.
Not to mention, SDL lets you focus on actual game code, without worrying about intricacies of the underlying OS. It's definitely a boon to any budding game programmer looking to get into the thick of things quickly.
SDL is great and popular around here, but I would recommend Allegro over it just slightly. Why? Because it has a little more functionality than SDL and is aimed more towards the beginner.It's up to you; here's a set of tutorials for SDL, here's a set of tutorials for Allegro, both really good APIs.
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement