Beginner need help!

Started by
6 comments, last by JayX 19 years ago
I just begun trying to make games last month and i made crappy 2d games and i want to make a mmorpg but i need sum help. Any suggustions?
Advertisement
link
Wouldn't it be a better idea to make some proper 2d games first, before jumping into a huge and complex (and probably impossible) project like make a mmorpg?
That's true. so do you got any good 2d game makers?
Whoops, time for a big dose of reality here!

In all honesty, you should set your sights lower. I know you're probably going to disregard this post in it's entirety, because it doesn't tell you what you want to hear, but I'm going to say it anyway.

You will NOT be able to make a MMORPG. Simple truth. You've been making games for what, you said one month? MMORPGs take YEARS of man-hours to finish, with 10s of seasoned programmers working on them non-stop. Not to mention the MASSIVE amounts of content that have to be created, art, dialogue, story, etc. Not a job for one person, unless that person is incredibly gifted and has been developing for god knows how long.

Set yout sights lower. Pong or Asteroids would be worthy opponents, if you haven't made them already. But not an MMORPG.
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
Quote:Original post by noobish77
That's true. so do you got any good 2d game makers?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I strongly suggest to read the article QuintKillsSharks was referring to.
I'm always careful to not to kill off any enthousiasm right away, even if it is way beyond reality. After all, it's not totaly impossible to make an mmorpg, but just not at this stage. Taking smaller steps will get somewhere, the giant leap you want to make will only lead to frustration.
But again, follow the link and read it.
Just in case you missed that link, go HERE.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth
Just in case you missed that link, go HERE.
where i go for this site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement