[web] Selecting elements

Started by
7 comments, last by Pipo DeClown 19 years ago
I don't want a user to be able to select any elements in a site ( so no blue bars appear around text, images, etc when the user click-and-drag in the document ), how can I achive this with something like stylesheets?
Advertisement
Just curious, but... Why?
Quote:Original post by Apocryphiliac
Just curious, but... Why?

I'm working on a site wich will have a something like a windows GUI, but it looks ugly when the folders, text, etc is getting highlighted.
You could write a &#106avascript that makes each elements 'onFocus()' 'blur()' itself immediately.
Put the cursor next to the post reply button on this site, press the left mouse button and drag it over the button, it is that blue marker i wanna get rid off.
Am i the only one to say ....?

Why does it matter? I doubt the end user is going to attempt to highlight the image, and most likely they won't care. Even if they do...so what?
Quote:Original post by Charles Hwang
Am i the only one to say ....?

Why does it matter? I doubt the end user is going to attempt to highlight the image, and most likely they won't care. Even if they do...so what?

Thanx for nothing:(
Quote:I'm working on a site wich will have a something like a windows GUI, but it looks ugly when the folders, text, etc is getting highlighted.

Sounds like a job for Flash.
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)
I've found the perfect answer for you. Use div-tags with background-images and onClick events. This way, you can have a button-ish looking element, where the image cannot be selected.

[wink] Yay!

Made a quick example.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement