I'm Frustrated,

Started by
5 comments, last by nhatkthanh 19 years ago
It seems every time I come here there is some thread about which Script Language is best.. or some new language is best.. or something similar. Let me see if maybe I can respond to all of these in general. And this is just my opinion from my 20 years of programming experience -- counting TI-99/4A BASIC from the mid-80's. One: I beleive that no "one" language is any better than another - be it a scripting language or otherwise. Each has its personality, and may be better suited for a particular use. Two: Sure, I agree that some may come packaged with "bonding" tools that allow linking with C or some other programming languages. And this assists us in developing the games we are developing, when the packages work as excpected! Three: Any further posts on this type of topic, should then be about which language is "best suited for this type of application", or "which is easiest to bond to this language".. or even "which mentality is best to learn this langauage". Finally, I wish not to offend the posters of the "(This/Which) Langauge is Best" threads, but with the frequency which I have seen these, I've become frustrated. If Previous, and Future, Posters can accept my apologies. A.R.
Advertisement
Why did you make a new topic for this?
Why do you get frustrated when you go into the thread and see that everyone agrees with you?
I don't see the point of this thread either.

But, of course, we all would like to see more problem-solving posts instead of endless
which-is-better posts.
It is particularly confusing since, over the last 20 days, there hasn't been one post asking that question.
maybe he kept the frustration for a long time and exploded today
Quote:Original post by AlternateReality
It seems every time I come here there is some thread about which Script Language is best.. or some new language is best.. or something similar.

Speaking as the moderator of this forum, I can understand your concern. However I can also understand why someone with little experience of programming languages would want to try and get some sort of opinions before integrating something into their game.

Quote:Each has its personality, and may be better suited for a particular use.

Yeah; if the poster specifies exactly what they need from the language, the question becomes better. Run-time performance, conciseness, documentation, debugging tools, library support... all these are valid criteria, providing you have a preference.

For what it's worth, I hope to make some changes to the forum FAQ soon, and maybe this issue will be addressed.
Those post will not stop, everyone is different and sometime they just need to ask whether it's a stupid question or something that bother others. So rather than try to convince the whole world/universe/multiverse to slide along with you, it would probably be better for you to find a way to fix your frustration.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement