Post your music/sfx here! (14 artists: latest artists: Hardmoon and Sebuko- 05.07.05)

Started by
62 comments, last by HarmonicBalance 17 years ago
The purpose of this thread is to help music/sound effects makers find an audience and optionally connect them with potential game makers/people who need music/sound effects. For further details, scroll down to the end of this post and read the lengthy explanation.
  • To view latest news, click here
  • To view all featured artists in a compressed list, click here
  • To view the most recently added artists and tracks, click here
  • To view detailed information on artists who are looking for a project, click here
  • To view detailed information on artists who are simply looking to showcase their music, click here In short: if you're a sound artist or a musician, or you're looking for a sound artist or a musician, then read on! QUICK NOTES AND LATEST NEWS 26.07.2006
  • new artist: nsmadsen is looking to partake in projects requiring any style of music. 05.07.2005
  • new artist: sebuko is (most likely) not looking to partake in a project.
  • new artist: Hardmoon is looking to partake in a serious project! He offers atmosphere-driven music, you can listen to 11 of his demo songs below. 22.05.2005
  • new artist: zztim is looking to partake in a project - he offers high quality sound and music for a low price. 27.04.2005
  • new artist: Icarus is looking to partake in a project! 10.04.2005
  • new artist: LostChocolateLab is looking to partake in a project
  • noir8spark updated the quality of his track Dire Destiny. Get it here 07.04.2005
  • new artist: ignika is looking to partake in a project (click on the name to scroll to the appropriate offset)
  • Alchemystic posted a new song: Sands Of Time ************************************************************************** A LIST OF FEATURED ARTISTS - QUICK REFERENCE (in alphabetical order) * the artist is currently not looking for work/a project to participate in and is posting to only have his/her music heard ** the artist is currently not available, but may be available at a later time. You can contact this artist to let him or her know that you're interested in their work. *** the artist is actively looking for work/a project to take part in (these artists are also in bold) LATEST ADDED ARTISTS: nsmadsen Hardmoon Sebuko zztim Icarus LostChocolateLab ignika Lyricist13 ARTISTS LOOKING FOR A PROJECT

Artist name: nsmadsen

Comment: I’ve worked on 18 projects and have done everything from providing SFX to voice acting, and arranging to composing full scores. I have industry experience on websites, PC, online and Nintendo DS titles. I’d love to help out on your next project. Any style is fair game. Availability: I’m currently seeking new projects to take part in.
    • Orchestral Sample. Full orchestrated composition, fast and frantic. This, to me, sounds like a sword fight between two warriors.
    • Jazz Sample. Smooth, jazzy groove that uses a Rhodes patch, piano, bass and drums.
    • Celtic Sample. I played guitar, sung and orchestrated this Celtic sample. Violin has the melody.
    • Piano Sample. Simple, but haunting tune that makes me think of a sad cinema from a RPG.
    • Laid Back Sample. Tenor saxophone, violin and flute trade off with a steady groove in the back ground.
    • Alto Sax Sample. Alto saxophone and organ take the lead while a bass line adds interest.
    • Ambient Sample. Ambient piece that builds up slowly into a track that remains understated.
    • Tribal Drums Sample. This piece takes a while to build up, but when the full percussion idea is in the mix, it moves nicely.
    More music, pictures and my resume can be found at: Madsen Studios *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: Hardmoon

Comment: Hi - my name is Arjen Schumacher and I work under the alias Hardmoon (hence my username on the forum;)). I co-own the recordlabel Xal records and have made several netlabel releases the past few years. Quite some tracks were also remixed by other artists as well.... I would like to exhibit several demo snippets of tracks I have composed the past few months (of which a few are for sale through RPGnow.com), which all have a mellow feel to it, or even have the only purpose of creating atmosphere. I am looking for a serious gamedeveloper who finds a right match in the snippets published here. I am especially good in ambient tracks or even non-intrusive music, which quite often is the problem with a lot of music for games. Availability: Immediately E-mail: arjen AT hardmoon DOT com
    • 400 AM (this is a demo clip, mp3, 605 kB, 0.25 min, 192 kbps)
    • Abandoned Kindergarten (this is a demo clip, mp3, 392 kB, 0.25 min, 128 kbps)
    • Ambient for the Damned (this is a demo clip, mp3, 981 kB, 0.50 min, 160 kbps)
    • Coming Home (this is a demo clip, mp3, 1.2 MB, 1.03 min, 160 kbps)
    • Descap (this is a demo clip, mp3, 1.04 MB, 0.45 min, 192 kbps)
    • Desokal (this is a demo clip, mp3, 387 kB, 0.16 min, 192 kbps)
    • Ghos (this is a demo clip, mp3, 681 kB, 0.24 min, 192 kbps)
    • Meticulous (this is a demo clip, mp3, 1.3 MB, 0.54 min, 192 kbps)
    • Near the Pond (this is a demo clip, mp3, 1.44 MB, 1.12 min, 160 kbps)
    • Rural Peace (this is a demo clip, mp3, 1.2 MB, 0.50 min, 192 kbps)
    *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: Icarus

Comment: Hi there, im icarus, im a music composer, you can check my site www.icarusart.tk there are two new tracks to listen, hope you enjoy it I have participated in several small games since 5 years now, and now im looking a full time job ( i know is hard, but not imposible) Im from chile, and looking for relocation (if is needed) im coursing second year of music composition, and the reason because i dont put full lenght songs anymore, is because i have bad experience with that ( stoled songs of cours) i dowload a free game one day and SURPRISE¡¡ my song whas in there, and of course, nobody say anithing to me :( so... that is because i only put demos of my tracks :) I compose in several types of music, as you can see in my website, from ultra happy songs , to veeery sad songs, from hip hop and trip hop to rock/metal industrial, and orchestal of course... Availability: At the moment im looking for a project ;) Web page: Icarus's homepage E-mail: an e-mail is available on Icarus's web page NOTES: all songs appear to be fragments! *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: ignika

Comment: Ignika is the musical pseudonym for me (David Whiting). I make most of the music myself on my computer, with softsynths as well as recorded live instruments. The result is an electronic style influenced heavily by dance music styles and also the electroclash/synthtron movement. I've been making music on computers since I was about 9 (I'm 17 now). I started with the wonderful world of trackers and stayed with them until recently (2ish years ago) when I was converted to Cubase. Influences: Fischerspooner, Daft Punk, Depeche Mode, OMD, etc. Availability: I am looking for projects, and feedback on my music. Web page: ignika's homepage (my 'official' site, but only 32kbps streams and downloads (I'll get better ones up shortly with any luck)) or ignika's web page on SoundClick - high and low quality links to tracks are available on the website. E-mail: david AT ignika DOT com
    • muon (m3u stream, 128 kbps, 5.19 min) Comment: Super-danceable electro-dance. If you don't like the intro, stick it out for the big tune - it's worth it.
    • ignika - electrophile (m3u stream, 128 kbps, 5.35 min) Comment: Melodic electro style track at a Drum & Bass tempo. Title track to 'electrophile' album.
    *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: LostChocolateLab

Comment: The seeds were planted early on, a penchant for experimentation, creative problem solving, deep organizational psychosis, and unique ear for the world. Over the years it grew out of guitar based music steeped in effect pedal ethics, ambient experiments in feedback and noise, taken to the extreme with no-input pedal board noise feasts and finally ending up being implemented as sound effects in video games. I look back over the development of sound in my life and it seems like such a natural progression. At the crossroads of a career change I asked myself: "Is there a place that I will be rewarded for making weird noise?" Like the Wizard of Oz, my world swiftly returned to the pixelated technicolor landscape of my youth where for days on end I was transported to alien lands, seeking untold fortune, submersed in a sonic landscape of squonking bleeps and sqeeking blops, fending off challenge after challenge in an endless stream of disproportionately oversized end-bosses on my way to the goal that lie always just out of reach. It was here that I could find my place in life...the decision was clear. Since then it's been a steady stream of experience, determination, and hard work. Late nights spent sculpting sonic goodness out of raw materials, coffee addled, sleep deprived, phasers set to kill. Sounds sourced from nature, molded by man & machine, the power of the universe unlocked in a waveform. MWUHAHAHAH! Availability: Open to all project requests specifically involving Sound Effects. Focusing on projects with strong direction, audio design docs, and audio programmers on board. Available for all genre requests. Web page: LostChocolateLab 's homepage E-mail: lostchocolatelab AT hotmail DOT com Projects:
    • Valandil Audio Reel
    • Read about it here You can find the audio reel here (audio sfx reel, mp3, 4.5 MB, 4.5 min) Comment: responsible for all original Weapon/Impact effects in this medieval themed HL2 Mod currently in development. Music by Jeff Simmons.
    • Elemental Wars You can find the audio reel here (audio sfx reel, mp3, 0.5 MB, 30 sec) Comment: all original sfx for this Fantasy Elemental themed strategy game.
    Trailers:
    • Treasure Hunt Trailer (web page, mov - requires Apple QuickTime, 22 MB, 1 min) Comment: this is a trailer for a mecha themed pervasive treasure hunting mobile game in development. Provided midi sfx for the mobile side of the game, and applied some of those effects to the sound design in the trailer along with other original sound effects. Music by David Chapman. Get the Apple movie file here

Artist name: zztim

Comment: Hi all! I present small studio making the sound for multimedia. Our mission is making high quality sound and music in extremely low price. i suppose there are lot of people here who may find our work useful. This is not just a demo of our work; this music was never distributed or sold before. So if ull find it useful for your job you may purchase it with all additional copyrights. If u wish all of these tracks could be remixed according your requirements. Any time-keeping is available. Additional instruments in arrangements are also available. Availability: If u wish all of these tracks could be remixed according your requirements. Any time-keeping is available. E-mail: zztim AT yandex DOT ru ICQ: 176220470
    • demo song 1 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 690 kb, 0.22 min) Comment: old school techno, sounds like old games music, nice for funny satirical games
    • demo song 2 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 480 kb, 0.15 min) Comment: positive mood, nice background for quests and adventures
    • demo song 3 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 496 kb, 0.15 min) Comment: variation of spot 2
    • demo song 4 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 656 kb, 0.42 min) Comment: dark intro, good for starting musical logo
    • demo song 5 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 520 kb, 0.33 min) Comment: the sequel of 4
    • demo song 6 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 379 kb, 0.24 min) Comment: easy listening
    • demo song 7 (this is a demo clip, mp3, 684 kb, 0.43 min) Comment: hard action
    ARTISTS WHO WANT TO BE HEARD

Artist name: Alchemystic

Comment: I write music in many different styles, everything from electronica to orchestral to synth rock. Even my individual songs are a mix of various genres and ideas. I try to use strong melodies in my music, which gives it a video game flavor. Too much music nowadays lacks good melodies IMO, that's what makes video game music stand out compared to modern pop-rock or rap or whatever. You can find these and all my other songs at my Soundclick site. I'm always eager for feedback on my music, be it good or bad. Drop me a line on my e-mail. Availability: I am unable to write music for any projects at the moment, given my hectic last semester of college. HOWEVER, if you're interested in my stuff, definitely get in touch with me and let me know. I don't know when I'll be able to help anyone out, but I'll definitely keep your e-mail and let you know. E-mail: adam_kirby AT fastmail DOT fm Web page: Alchemyst's web page (there is more music posted on the web page)
    • Circuit Overload (mp3, 2.23MB, 2.26 min) Comment: loud, aggressive technometal. Well, that was my intent, at least. I've been told be quite a few people that it would make good music for a FPS.
    • Night Echoes (mp3, 2.63MB, 2.52 min) Comment: I wrote this for a game demo. Ambient electronica with classical and jazz vibes. Even some Middle Eastern-flavored melodies.
    • Dark Vision (mp3, 2.96MB, 3.14 min) Comment: a dark orchestral piece with definite nods to symphonic video game music. The music of Jeremy Soule was a big influence on this song.
    • Sands Of Time (mp3, 5.87MB, 6.25 min, added 07.04.05) Comment: A mix of orchestral, Middle Eastern ethnic, and metal. I consider this my best composition.

Artist name: HackMaster321

Comment: Im an artist who writes pieces mostly on guitar, but those arent for release online. These pieces however are some newer instrumental songs ive done. While not the best examples of what I can do, they are pretty good (imho of course). I try what I try, and I do what I do, and im always looking for comments on my music. Availability: I'm not neccessarily looking for work, but if you want to discuss maybe a track or two, I wouldn't mind it. E-mail: HackMaster321 is a GD member - you can find an e-mail in his profile Web page: SDE (Nothin too special, as its under construction.)
    • March to Your Own Beat (mp3, 1.34MB, 1.28 min) Comment: just a little song featuring some junglesk drums, and a nice string tune. Named after the drumline, which I think signifies just doin it your way.
    • Just My Luck (mp3, 1.31MB, 1.26 min) Comment: this one I did when playing around with my keyboard (computer keyboard). I had it set to play the piano with the instruments, and I hit the keys jml in a cool way to make the main rhythm, hence Just My Luck.

Artist name: ifoobar

Comment: I like making little background music pieces for RPGs. I dont know how to use any of that composer software stuff. I just use this one software called powertab that allows me to enter notes on a virtual guitar - cause that's the only instrument I know how to play, and I never really got into that music theory stuff. So all these tunes are in midi format. I'm not looking for any projects or anything, music isnt even my primary focus. I just did this for the future - you know, when I make that dream game and may need a small piece of music for some scenario or something. The tunes are entirely composed by me (wow eh? :) Please note that this is more of a hobby beside my hobby. I do not do it frequently, but I do enjoy it. Anyway, it'd be nce to get opinions. Availability: Not looking for a project E-mail: ifoobar is a GD member - you can find an e-mail in his profile Web page: Xenos, TripleBuffer: TB is my "official" website but dosent hold any music related items. Xenos is one of the first websites I created. It's entirely in flash and can get quite annoying, but there is one other tune there. It's in the game section - access the menu and choose game music (not entirely sure - scared to check). Stop by the games section, access the menu and go to the game music section. I have another tune on there that is not on here. I've lost the sources to that site and that tune. IMO that tunes is pretty nice as well. it give a feeling of encouragement before some major overthrowing of bad people power or soemthing.
    • A World Of Sorrow (midi, 4.3 KB, 1.43 min) Comment: the title should give you a hint on the ambiance that this tunes should theoretically create. I figured it could come in handy for a title screen of with an "oldy/acient" atmosphere.
    • Eerie (midi, 1.4 KB, 0.38 min) Comment: the title should (again) give you a hint on the ambiance that this tunes should theoretically create. It gives me the feeling that an old ancient mystical stoy is being told, a flashback or something.
    • Return To Memory (midi, 3.63 KB, 1.04 min) Comment: I personally like this one the best out of this bunch. It feels very homy for some reason. if anyone has played FF VIII and can hear this as background music being played at Zell's home town, seems it could fit there. It mainly uses the same group of notes, but just in different formats, add a little "oohs and aaas" and you cant go wrong :)
    • Tapper Tap (midi, 4.93 KB, 0.38 min) Comment: this one is right up there with the previous one. It's a very foly country like tune. You guys seen the Titanic right? (RIGHT??), you know the part where jack and what's her face are dancing around in the cabins below with some music playing, well this tune would be great over there. Or in some kind of country bar or something.

Artist name: Lyricist13

Comment: I'm a solo person as of now making and creating unique music in many genres and constantly trying to expand. Learning Reason 2.5 more and more and trying to learn more things about music theory. I'm also a 3D Animator. I graduated from the Art Institute of Philadelphia in March of 2004. Hopefully i'll be able to get to california soon so I can finally get into either animation/games or music full-time. Web page: Lyricist13's web page on SoundClick - high and low quality links to tracks are available on the website. E-mail: Lyricis13gd is a GD member - you can find an e-mail in his profile *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: Noir8Spark

Comment: I have had no musical training, but I like to play and listen to all kinds of music. My style can vary, to many styles, but I favour tracks with a strong melody and structure. I have posted some of the tracks I have created here. The first 2 tracks are meant to be played in a danger scene. Imagine a video game city with cops, mechs and security devices, all against you. You know you wanna win. But they aint gonna let you. The second track is meant to be played in a calm city, where there is little danger to your person. Availability: I'm not looking for work at the moment, but after I sort a few things out, such as college, I will be looking for work. I hope you can offer constructive criticisms on my work, and I hope you are able to access my works. E-mail: Noir8Spark is a GD member - you can find an e-mail in his profile *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: Sebuko

Comment: Here are some of my songs. Hope you like it. Availability: Not looking for a project. E-mail: sebuko AT gmx DOT de Webpage: Sebuko's webpage *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------* *---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Artist name: Vaevictis

Comment: I specialise almost solely in orchestral and ambient. The challenge I'm setting for myself is to, with each track, come closer to a realistic sound. This may never happen, but the idea is to come as close as possible. Availability: Not actively seeking projects, as I'm working on 0 A.D., but I'll always listen to a project proposal and consider it. Web page: Symphonic Aria - specialising in music for games, multimedia productions and film. Listen to music samples on the website. E-mail: Vaevictis_A is a GD member - you can find an e-mail in his profile
    • 0 A.D. Main Theme (mp3, 2.58MB, 2.09 min) Comment: title music for 0 A.D. Changes from big and intense to harmonic and vocal.
    • Carthaginian Battle 1 (mp3, 2.3MB, 2.23 min) Comment: battle music for 0 A.D. featuring a lot of horns.
    • Roman Defeat (mp3, 0.7MB, 0.44 min) Comment: you've lost the battle. Cue the sad strings =)
    • Persian Peace (mp3, 2.06MB, 2.08 min) Comment: 'Peace' music for the Persian civilisation. Goes from serene to a more upbeat ethnic-sounding part.
    It's kinda weird that this forum doesn't have a "post your music here" thread yet. Awkward, even. I am willing to manage such a thread: anything you post in here will be reflected in the original post - I can't check in daily, but my response should generally be within 3 days or so. For instance, you could use this thread to look for games/projects to write music for - the only requirement is that you HAVE to post a tune if you want your name to be added to the list. To do so, just create a reply with links to your stuff or PM me and I'll edit the original post accordingly. If, for some reason, you can't continue to host your tracks or you want them to be removed, just let me know. If you spot a dead link, leave a notification (as a reply in this thread or PM me) and I'll take action. I will post keep-alive replies in this thread as often as neccessary to keep it from entering the necro status (can a mod tell me how long a thread can have no replies before it becomes locked for further input?). All that aside, there are some rules - before you post your stuff, read this: when posting, include the following information:
    • a direct link to at least one of your songs in a popular format (wav, mp3, ogg or mid) - this is the most important rule and cannot be ignored. I will not add you to the listing in the original post otherwise. If you create sound effects, post links to at least two of your original sounds. Just remember: quality sells, so don't downsample them to 32 kbps or 8 kHz! As a definiteive standard, your songs should be encoded at at least the equivalent of 128 kbps of the MP3 format. Wav files should be in 16 bit 44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM format (try to avoid the floating point format). Do not post stuff in non-encoded format unless it is accompanied by an encoded render of the mix - that is, do not post files in nwc, rns, flp or other application-specific formats (this also applies to published Reason songs et al) without an accompanying mp3 or ogg render of the song.
    • for each track/sound, post a short description - what genre the mix is/what type the sound is
    • for downloadable formats that allow you to fill in additional information on the track (such as the MP3 id tag), do so
    • post the size of your mixes/sounds. Naturally, I will double-check.
    • why you're posting your song or sounds: are you looking for promotion to participate in a project or do you simply want to be heard? Are you willing to work for free or do you expect to get paid? If you expect payment, then how much and through what channels?
    • if you're looking for a project, post a link to your website if you have one and your contact information for me to add to this thread directly - I may take the time to dig it up from your web page, but that way I won't guarantee that the information will be what you yourself would expect. IMPORTANT: when posting your email, use anti-spam notation, such as: myself[AT]whatever[DOT]com, NOT myself@whatever.com Neither I nor GameDev can guarantee that your email will otherwise not be harvested and used for malicious purposes.
    • optionally a comment about yourself and what you expect from someone who's reading this, which might include:
      • genre preferences if you're looking for a game to make music for
      • past experience (both in terms of years as well as the number of projects you've participated in - don't forget to name, link to and/or describe the projects)
      • software you work with/have
      • additional commentary on your location, preference of interaction/contact (MSN/AIM, email/snail mail?)
      • a short pitch of your qualifications and what your aspirations are - like in a job interview
    • DO NOT POST FRAGMENTS OF YOUR SONGS OR SOUNDS! If you're going to post something, make it worth everyone's time.
    • Illegal content, when posted, will be moderated and is subject to criminal law. GameDev has strict rules about this, so make sure that what you post in fact:
      • is your own work
      • doesn't include proprietary sounds/quotes
      NOTE ON LEGALITY: in most countries the following rules apply: you can use up to 30 seconds of proprietary material for non-commercial purposes when posting a link on the web. For radio broadcasts, you can use up to 5 seconds of proprietary material. That is, if you're using a quote in your song from a movie or another song, make sure the quote is no longer than 30 seconds. If someone can correct me on this, please do. Additionally, someone please comment on the legal aspects of posting remixes that use an altered version of some copyrighted track. To the best of my knowledge, no legal action should ensue if you are not distributing your remix commercially, but I could be wrong.
    Comments on people's work are, of course, more than welcome. HOSTING: this may be a problem if you don't have any place to host your work at. A few general suggestions go as follows:
    • contact your ISP - it is likely that your account has anything from 5-50 megabytes of free storage space that you can use
    • get a GDNet+ account
    • browse the web for a free hosting service provider. Most hosting services assert quite strict limitations on free accounts, such as capping the maximum file size to 500 kB. Any suggestions will be added here - sadly I myself am not too familiar with any of the more lenient hosting services.
    The format I will be using in the original post, is adaptive. Basically, anyone looking for a project will be posted in preferred order. The latest 3 newcomers, however, will always be at the top of the list. The name of the thread will reflect the latest additions by date. Unless you have good reason to keep your work to yourself, no matter how good or bad you are, be heard! [Edited by - Kazgoroth on July 26, 2006 9:12:23 AM]
  • "Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
    Advertisement
    Cool topic. Guess I'm first, so kick me if I do anything wrong.

Artist name: Alchemystic

I write music in many different styles, everything from electronica to orchestral to synth rock. Even my individual songs are a mix of various genres and ideas. I try to use strong melodies in my music, which gives it a video game flavor. Too much music nowadays lacks good melodies IMO, that's what makes video game music stand out compared to modern pop-rock or rap or whatever.

I have a year and a half of composition experience, but I played the violin for 12 years and the oboe for 7, so I suppose that counts for something. ;)

You can listen to all of my music here.

Here are some direct links to individual tunes:

Sands Of Time (mp3, 5.87 MB)
    - A mix of orchestral, Middle Eastern ethnic, and metal. I consider this my best composition.

Circuit Overload (mp3, 2.23 MB)
    - Loud, aggressive technometal. Well, that was my intent, at least. I've been told be quite a few people that it would make good music for a FPS.

Night Echoes (mp3, 2.63 MB)
    - I wrote this for a game demo. Ambient electronica with classical and jazz vibes. Even some Middle Eastern-flavored melodies.

Dark Vision (mp3, 2.96 MB)
    - A dark orchestral piece with definite nods to symphonic video game music. The music of Jeremy Soule was a big influence on this song.

You can find these and all my other songs at my Soundclick site.

I'm always eager for feedback on my music, be it good or bad. Drop me a line at <adam_kirby AT fastmail DOT fm>

NOTE: I am unable to write music for any projects at the moment, given my hectic last semester of college. HOWEVER, if you're interested in my stuff, definitely get in touch with me and let me know. I don't know when I'll be able to help anyone out, but I'll definitely keep your e-mail and let you know. As far as pay goes, for a freeware game I'd be happy to write some free music. For a commercial game, I'd charge a small fee for some royalty-free music. Like I said, I've only been writing 1.5 years, so I'm not arrogant enough to charge thousands of dollars or anything. ;)

[Edited by - Arglebargle on April 5, 2005 5:12:26 PM]
    All right - I added you and modified the original post quite a bit to make it more user-friendly. If you spot a mistake, let me know!

Anyway, I'd like to comment on your tracks: I really really liked Circuit Overload (100% original Unreal/UT music! And that, my friend, is a good thing :) ). What did you use for the guitar if it's no secret? Dark Vision brought up an automatic visual from Age of Empires for me - quite a bit of tonal similarity there! I loved all three (haven't had the time to listen to the other ones on your web page yet, though), but these two were the best. Good diversity!
    "Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
    Crispy - it's my crappy Squier guitar, actually. I was originally going to use some guitar samples or guitar synth or something, but it just didn't give the ballsy feel of a real guitar. So I hauled my guitar out the closet, hooked it up to the Line 6 GuitarPort, and brought the insane riffage (jk). :D

BTW, thanks for formatting my post. Hopefully others can follow that model now so you won't have to re-format everyone's submissions.
    Would a "Projects Looking For Artists" section be of any use?
    This is a nice idea for a thread - if it get's enough content it would probably make another good sticky. I'll add my own entry later on after I've had some time to arrange hosting for a couple of files.

Quote:
    Would a "Projects Looking For Artists" section be of any use?

Isn't that a bit redundant?

- Jason Astle-Adams

I agree that it probably isn't necessary. And, to be fair, we have 'post your music here' threads pretty often, just not lately.
    gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
    I would imagine so, actually. Nevertheless - I intend to keep this place a little more organized than a regular thread (as can hopefully be seen from the original post). All we need now is content - I'm looking forward to your music, Kazgoroth! For a moment I was actually thinking of lobbying in the various "listen to my music!" threads here, but that would be a bit intrusive, not to mention silly.

BTW - if anyone can suggest a better name for this thread, that'd also be welcome. I do realize it's a little misleading, not to mention mundane, at this time...
    "Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
    might as well...

Name: ifoobar.

I like making little background music pieces for RPGs. I dont know how to use any of that composer software stuff. I just use this one software called powertab that allows me to enter notes on a virtual guitar - cause that's the only instrument I know how to play, and I never really got into that music theory stuff. So all these tunes are in midi format.

I'm not looking for any projects or anything, music isnt even my primary focus. I just did this for the future - you know, when I make that dream game and may need a small piece of music for some scenario or something. The tunes are entirely composed by me (wow eh? :)

A World of Sorrow (midi, 4.3 KB, 1.43 min)
    The title should give you a hint on the ambiance that this tunes should theoretically create. I figured it could come in handy for a title screen of with an "oldy/acient" atmosphere.

Eerie (midi, 1.4 KB, 0.38 min)
    The title should (again) give you a hint on the ambiance that this tunes should theoretically create. It gives me the feeling that an old ancient mystical stoy is being told, a flashback or something.

Return to Memory (midi, 3.63 KB, 1.04 min)
    I personally like this one the best out of this bunch. It feels very homy for some reason. if anyone has played FF VIII and can hear this as background music being played at Zell's home town, seems it could fit there. It mainly uses the same group of notes, but just in different formats, add a little "oohs and aaas" and you cant go wrong :)

Tapper Tap (midi, 4.93 KB, 0.38 min)
    This one is right up there with the previous one. It's a very foly country like tune. You guys seen the Titanic right? (RIGHT??), you know the part where jack and what's her face are dancing around in the cabins below with some music playing, well this tune would be great over there. Or in some kind of country bar or something.

That's all for now I guess. I do have a website (in my sig), but I dont put any music related stuff on there. I did make a site once upon a time for my music here. But it was never finished. Be warned if you want to see it, it's entirely in flash (it was one of the first sites I made). If you do go, then stop by the games section, access the menu and go to the game music section. I have another tune on there that is not on here. I've lost the sources to that site and that tune. IMO that tunes is pretty nice as well. it give a feeling of encouragement before some major overthrowing of bad people power or soemthing.

Please note that this is more of a hobby beside my hobby. I do not do it frequently, but I do enjoy it. Anyway, it'd be nce to get opinions.
    [size=2]aliak.net
    Done! Please proof-check your entry. I tried my best to keep everything neat and proper, but there might be something wrong here and there (for instance, I added a reference to your profile, which includes your email address - you might want to review that and possibly get back to me).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement