medieval models

Started by
13 comments, last by xCronus 19 years ago
Some medieval models I and friend have been workin on: [Edited by - tridinaut on March 28, 2005 3:19:25 PM]
Advertisement
very nice! I especially like your texturing, something that is often lacking in indie model creation. Good work!
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Nice work. What resolution are the textures?
I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound...Activate the window, and watch the world go 'round
WOW !!
No seriously, I'm impressed they look absolutely marvelous
Can you explain to me what you did in a brief manner to achieve this without giving away your secrets :P That would be appreciated.

Very nice job ! I love it

Textures are 512x512 and models are ranging from 200 polys and more but non should be above 1000. Texturing is done by my friend and he makes all the textues by hand in PhotoShop. I'm doing all the modeling and unwraping.

Here is some other screens:

[Edited by - tridinaut on March 28, 2005 3:09:01 PM]
Very classy work. Indeed, low polygonal models often fall victim to bland textures, and you've done a solid job on avoiding that pitfall.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Hi,
It will be soon 2 years I've registered to this forum. Time pass so quickly :)

I'm the "texturer" of those weapons. I'm very glad you like them.
You guys comments are very very kind and it's greatly appreciated!

The good news is that we'll sell this weapon pack at a very low price.
53 weapons for 50$ It's very unusual, but we are indie ourselves and we know how hard it can be to find good model at small price. If you have ever checked turbosquid website, you may understand better what I mean :)

We've done weapons as common as possible, so you can use them in your game without looking like the neightboor game ;)

Well, I hope some of you will be interested, I honestly think it's a good value.

@Avenyr: well it's not that easy to explain. I must say there are a few years of experience behind it. But when you do a model, remember that: what are you simulating? Is it metal, organic, wood... Look at a maximum of picture of those material, in different light, angle, etc.. and you'll be able to reproduce them. It's not that hard, it's patience and observation. ;)
Djaggernautwww.tridinaut.com
Excellent textures on the models! Keep up the good work.
Wow, very nice!
My only concern is the texture size: 512 per item is a bit high, considering how many items there might be, and the limits of some of the older cards.

But still impressive!
It's nice to see people actually make the best of the poly's they use, instead of getting sloppy and just adding more and more 'Because they can'.

BTW, could you maybe post one or two of the wire-frames? maybe for one of the bows, and sword...

Hi

About 512x512 that is what we offer but you can allways easy scale that down to anything that you need. If you need higher res you use 512 textures else you scale them down. It would be more troublesome if we offered only 128x128 and you wanted 512x512, then you couldn't scale them up because you would not gain anything by that:)

Here is a screenshot with wireframe:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement