Allegro errors during tutorial?

Started by
14 comments, last by polisasimo 19 years ago
Also, you should do as Hothead has asid about the return [wink]. It's a little more proper *I think*/*hope* [lol]. I'm a freshman in college now - so programming is my hobby/trade/life etc.... I hope the job market is good when I get out - if not more the reason to start my own co. if I am not already doing something [smile]
Advertisement
Sorry you guy are having to walk me through this but one more question:

new code:

#define USE_CONSOLE#include <allegro.h> // You must include the Allegro Header file int main(int argc, char argv[]){	BITMAP *my_pic;	allegro_init(); // Initialize Allegro	install_keyboard(); // Initialize keyboard routines									set_color_depth(16); // Set the color depth	set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT, 640,480,0,0); // Change our graphics mode to 640x480	my_pic = load_bitmap(C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\allegro\pic.bmp, NULL); // Load our picture	acquire_screen();	blit(my_pic, screen, 0,0,0,0,480,360);//Draw the whole bitmap to the screen at (0,0)	release_screen();	destroy_bitmap(my_pic);//Release the bitmap data	readkey();// Wait untill a key is pressed	return(0);// Exit with no errors}END_OF_MAIN(); // This must be called right after the closing bracket of your MAIN function.               // It is Allegro specific.

I think my file location has problems because this should output a small picture but alas the screen is black and th program crashes.
I commented what I fixed:
#define USE_CONSOLE#include <allegro.h> // You must include the Allegro Header file int main(int argc, char argv[]){	BITMAP *my_pic;	allegro_init(); // Initialize Allegro	install_keyboard(); // Initialize keyboard routines									set_color_depth(16); // Set the color depth	set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT, 640,480,0,0); // Change our graphics mode to 640x480	my_pic = load_bitmap("tehred.bmp", NULL); // HERE.	acquire_screen();	blit(my_pic, screen, 0,0,0,0,480,360);//Draw the whole bitmap to the screen at (0,0)	release_screen();	destroy_bitmap(my_pic);//Release the bitmap data	readkey();// Wait untill a key is pressed	return(0);// Exit with no errors}END_OF_MAIN(); // This must be called right after the closing bracket of your MAIN function.               // It is Allegro specific.

tehred.bmp being a picture I drew myself.
That should work.
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ
Sorry man I continue to get just a black screen. While in this screen my initail keyboard input that should end program does not work and then I get the ever so lovely microsoft allegro.exe has encountered an error and needs to shut down .... would you like to send the error report.
Hmm, works fine for me.Did you try putting the image inside your VC++ zip?
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ
Wow!!! my fault I was typing in the entire location of the file c:\blahblahblah instead of just the name I have got it working now.

thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement