• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Logitech mouse and message handling in sample framework

This topic is 4713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, A few days ago, I noticed a strange thing. I was working on the improvement of the UI of the "empty project" (given in the february 2005 SDK) and I noticed that when I simply move my mouse all around my DirectX window (move it really fast) my FPS fell down to ... 10 FPS !! (was more than 800FPS without doing anything) So I thought I introduced a bug in my modifications, but it wasn't that : I used the logitech driver to set my mouse sampling to 200, instead of 40 (I don't know the right english translation for that, but the ones who are using a logitech mouse / driver with PS/2 can find that in the "movement" tab of the mouse configuration) And when I turned it back to 40, it was all perfect ... And I don't understand, because all the games i'm playing work perfectly, even I move my mouse like crazy ... So I think it's a problem with the message handling in the DirectX empty project, but I didn't find where it came frome ... So if anyone has an answer ... ^^ .:: Paic Citron ::.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement