Sign in to follow this  
ViperG

WM_MOUSEWHEEL

Just for fun, in my library this is disabled, and I had to copy it into my header... #define WM_MOUSEWHEEL 0x020A and then I capture the paramater from windows and it's crazy. Anyways, for mouse up I get like 7864320 and then for mouse down I get 4287102976? has anyone every played with WM_MOUSEWHEEL apparently it's for older windows, and im using xp. Just curious if anyone else has tested them, wanting to know if it sends the same number on all os's? I was going to use them in my program, but probably not if they are sending different numbers in...

It's probably disabled because you didn't set _WIN32_WINNT. You need to #define that to 0x0400 (or higher) before including windows.h. If you don't then the headers will assume you want your app to run on Windows 95 and/or NT 3.x and WM_MOUSEWHEEL isn't supported on those old systems.

You didn't mention where exactly you're getting those numbers from so I can't comment on them.

I've used WM_MOUSEWHEEL with no problems. See the link Drew gave.

Under win9x and MFC I think only the frame window is able to receive mousewheel messages. I think you have to copy that code and put it inside the CView class but then you have to rebuild MFC. I would love to hear it if someone was able to make mousewheel work in MFC for win98. Maybe I misunderstood MFC code and it's doable somehow.