There is no square

Started by
14 comments, last by Evil Steve 19 years ago
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
I thought that colour comes before texture coords?

Ah, perhaps you guys are correct. It's been a *very* long time since I've used FVFs and the FFP. [wink]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Advertisement
Well... I can also get what Drew sees, but it involves disabling the view matrix, which is a pain. I've tried setting the eye to (0,0,0), the lookat to (0,0,1), and the clip planes to 0.1f and 100.0f, and moved all the vertices like this, but it dtill doesn't want to work...
verts[0] = mV_UL(mV(-10,-100,50),mV(0,0),D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,0));verts[1] = mV_UL(mV(-100,100,50),mV(0,1),D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,255,0));verts[2] = mV_UL(mV(100,-100,50),mV(1,0),D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,255)); verts[3] = mV_UL(mV(100,100,50),mV(1,1),D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255,0,0));

P.S. Drew, the FOV is in radians, not degrees [wink]
Ok, it works perfectly fine now. I didn't realise that the parameters were changed (the default arguments). Changing gMain.cpp:34 to this makes it work fine: myDx.setState3D_UL();
Its crashing on my system (I'm using the code you sent over) on the DrawPrimitive call (I think, I'll add some logging stuff tommorrow). BSOD reports error 0x000000D5, which is really weird, because I'm running winME. Apparently, that error shouldn't even be possible (or so I read; it was implemented on XP? I dunno)

Probably bad data somewhere, either in the vertex buffer, or the vertex shader is reading something its not supposed to be, or whatever. Actually, I'll go ahead and upload a binary, maybe its just this system that's b0rked (yay for shitty OS'es)

(Download Binary, 224KB)
Yep, it works okay for me.

I think your OS was borked the second you (or the factory dude) put the WinMe disc in the tray [wink]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Quote:Original post by Mushu
Its crashing on my system (I'm using the code you sent over) on the DrawPrimitive call (I think, I'll add some logging stuff tommorrow). BSOD reports error 0x000000D5, which is really weird, because I'm running winME. Apparently, that error shouldn't even be possible (or so I read; it was implemented on XP? I dunno)

Probably bad data somewhere, either in the vertex buffer, or the vertex shader is reading something its not supposed to be, or whatever. Actually, I'll go ahead and upload a binary, maybe its just this system that's b0rked (yay for shitty OS'es)

(Download Binary, 224KB)
Have you tried running the SDK samples? Perhaps your system or DX is borked somehow.

Quote:Original post by circlesoft
I think your OS was borked the second you (or the factory dude) put the WinMe disc in the tray [wink]
Oh, he already gets enough stick about using WinME in A Place That Does Not Exist [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement