• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Holy wow, I made something semi-popular

This topic is 4670 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A while ago I made this PHP game thingy, and just four days ago I started noticing that my Web site was getting tons of hits, and they all came from The Language Game. It's the first thing I've done that's gotten this kind of response. I don't know exactly where I'm going with this. I'm just happy and I wanted to share.

Advertisement
It's a nice game, I made it to round 6 but couldn't get farther.

It was fun, but I got stuck at "read eye". Good job. Not everything has to have fancy graphics and interactive to be fun.

Man, six is hard. I swear I know what it is but it doesn't work. Anyone want to give me a hint?

[edit] Nevermind, got it. This is surprisingly fun [smile].

[Edited by - Raloth on April 1, 2005 10:11:32 PM]

Very nice game. It's very creative and fun. It reminds me of the "hack-this-site" type games.

I got upto round 7 in around 5 or so mins. :)
However round 7 is tough as hell.

Congrats though ;)
Where to now?

Yeah got stuck at round seven aswell, my head hurts lol. Very cool game!!

I can't get past level 8. Warghhh! Rating++ for an awesome game.

Stoped at 7 because i didnt want to hurt my brain [smile]

This has useful applications in teaching forgen languages. Its fun and educational.

Congratulations on actually creating an origional game! Most games now adays are just shoot em up rpgs.

There's descrepency in round 6 that i'm not sure of...

koko kufe kakaeve

vre sepa graa ngkeve

why does kuf get a 'e' and sep get a 'a' attached to the end? They are both objects...

One is for a direct reference, and the other for an indirect reference. That one had me confused as well.

shmoove

Don' think so. I think one is the subject of the action, the other one is the recipient (i'm sorry, i don't know the correct terms in english).

Meaning :
koko kufe kakaeve -> a person talks to a person
koko kufa kakaeve -> a person talks about a person

In one action the person is part of it, in the other it's only the subject of the actio. I'm not sure wether this exists in english language but it stems from latin and stuff.

Yeah, that's something like what I meant. I don't know the proper term in English either.

If you click the "fazer's comment" link in one of the earlier posts you'll notice they have a discussion about it too.

shmoove

But why? I mean, it's not like you're going to win money or anything if you cheat. If you're not playing the game for the intellectual thrill of figuring it out, I don't see why you'd spend more than 10 seconds there anyway...

Wow, addictive stuff! On 5 so far, and going strong [smile]

Just one thing, you may want to make the $rounds variable POST as opposed to GET, as if it's GET, I can just use a URL like this:
http://nicf.net/misc/language.php?round=19
and get straight to whatever round. However, if you use POST variables, or better yet, session variables, well, no can do anymore [smile] Rate++ for the great game!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement