• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jok

Collisions

This topic is 4803 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

All materials, sources, links connected with collisions between ray and triangle. Problem: a lot of useless information in internet. Who can advice something valuable that helped someone to uderstand this topic.

Advertisement
I haven't done this myself but my approach would probably be to find the intersection of the ray with the plane defined by the triangle, then test to see if that intersection point was inside of the triangle.

Hi,

There are a number of ways to intersect a ray and a triangle. Most if not all of them are flawed in some way, but some are arguably 'better', or at least more robust, than others.

Could you tell us what you're using the intersection test for? For some situations a simpler but less robust test may be adequate, but it's hard to make a recommendation without knowing more about the application.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!